THE OSCARS OF EDUCATION
Shortlisted for the Reimagined Education Awards (K12 Category)
"The Oscars of Education" co-organised by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
The ThinkWise programme guides teachers and parents to provide both structured and spontaneous opportunities for developing critical and creative thinking skills.
The ThinkWise curriculum enhances communication, collaboration, creativity and the development of empathy and social skills which support the holistic development of children and acquisition of skills needed in the 21st century.
ThinkWise enables children to:
- demonstrate a willingness to learn
- demonstrate persistence
- show natural curiosity
- engage in activities that encourage the development of thinking skills
- develop an awareness of the thinking process (metacognition)
- show imagination
- develop empathy
and demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively by being able to:
- explore, experiment and express ideas in a variety of ways (verbally and non-verbally)
- recognise, explore and explain similarity and difference
- demonstrate reasoning
- solve problems and provide explanations
- offer answers to varied questions
- ask their own questions
- connect ideas